Friday, May 30, 2008

Yoga Boot Camp

First off, this photo is not of me. Or anyone I know. Or anyone I would know.

That being said, I'm currently putting myself through what I'm calling yoga boot camp. I'm taking an hour-and-a-half yoga class every day for the next seven days. I usually go to yoga once a month.

What does this have to do with tea, you ask - well, yoga in L.A. is about a lot more than a gauche interpretation of a millennia old practice and showing off your $2 toe ring from Pac Sun. It's also about tea.

At the yoga place I go to, they offer hot tea to drink before or after your practice. So for each day I go, I'll write a quick review here of the tea they offered.

Thursday: Yogi Tea's Egyptian Licorice Mint. It's not too bad, actually - but I like licorice. It wouldn't be something I'd drink every day, but a quick cup of it was pretty refreshing.

Friday: Yogi Tea's India Spice. This was vile. Pepper water - except not spicy hot. Just like you took a packet of pepper from a fast food place and dumped some water into it. Epic fail. I took two sips and then hid the half-full cup behind the carafe.

1 comment:

B said...

I hope my life never depends on drinking that tea... because I think I'd choose death.

Blah!