Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tea at Home


I teach middle school kids. That being said, I've had my share of rough days. On any give day I'm one step closer to becoming that teacher we all had who is always clutching a coffee mug that, in retrospect, you're now pretty sure didn't just have coffee in it.
Typically, I have been known to indulge in a libation... or 6... to unwind after a day inspiring the future people of tomorrow. However, on a day such as today, one that felt more like fall than spring. Brisk and windy with white fluffy clouds in the air... I turned to the indulgence of tea.
The ritual of tea can sometimes unwind one more than any measure of wine. As I sit here sipping violet tea from my overly fancy china cup, La Boheme annoying my neighbors, eating butter cookies I have no business eating... I am content... and that, is bliss.

No comments: