Friday, July 18, 2008

Mystery Teapot



It is a sad sad thing when all of your teacups are in storage and you never get to see them.  I was reminded of this sad sad fact yesterday, when I was having tea with friends at Tea Upon Chatsworth, which is lovely.  I acquired 2 lovely new teacups, and sampled some wonderful teas.
I also came one step closer to finding the teapot/teacup I have been obsessing over since I first dusted it @ Lisa's Tea Treasures in Menlo Park.
I don't know anything about it except for the following;
I believe it's french, it has a scalloped gold rim, is covered in flowers and silver stars, and in 1998, it was pricey!
I saw a picture of it in a tearoom book, but no more information about the pattern.
It's on page 91 in "great Tea Rooms of America"... I've wasted countless hours online looking for this illusive tea cup.
Bother.

No comments: