Friday, June 27, 2008

There comes a point in everyone's life...

...when one woman turns to another and says: "Bitch, we must develop our own signature tea."

B? Bitch? We must develop our own signature tea.

This comes out of my recent order from Adagio Teas, where I went to get a sampler of white tea because, well, I've never had white tea that didn't taste like warm diluted Crystal Light. More in this in another post, because when I ordered my tea, they made me the proverbial offer we can't refuse: to design our own tea blend.

So here goes: Select three teas from their list, then select the percentage of each tea in the blend, name it and upload a photo. You can then order it and cry when you have 4 oz. of undrinkable tea.

But, because I am not one to lack in self-esteem, I think our tea will be genius. We can do eet!

First, let's talk which three teas. Obviously decaf is out, because, I mean, gawd, whatever!? They then have other categories - black; green; oolong; flavored; Crystal Light - I mean, white; herbal and rooibos.

From there, they have a billion subcategories, but first things first, right? I vote for a blend of black, green and flavored. Why? Because I just read in a book that Jane Austen mixed black and green and I'm unhealthily obsessed with catty dead writers. And you?

No comments: